About the Somerville High School Parent Teacher Organization (SHS PTO)
The Somerville High School Parent Teacher Organization is an independent volunteer-led organization dedicated to raising money to provide support to the SHS school community.
Some of the ways we raise money include:
- Selling memberships. Purchase your membership below!
- Selling SHS spirit wear. Purchase your spirit wear below!
- Balloons in June, a beloved annual tradition in which an army of volunteers inflates balloons and ties them to mailboxes and front steps of graduating seniors, along with personalized messages of congratulations.
- Senior class T-shirts.
- Prom corsages and boutonnieres.
- Senior selfies, photos of our seniors in front of the school sign.
- Selling bouquets and concessions at the graduation ceremony.
- Contributions from Personalized Paraphrenalia for every varsity jacket purchased.
Some of the things we spend money on include:
- Project Graduation, a large alcohol- and drug-free celebration for graduating senior held on graduation night at Rutgers University.
- College scholarships for graduating seniors.
- The annual senior ice cream social.
- Freshman orientation T-shirts.
- Various school assemblies.
- The teacher appreciation luncheon in May and snacks for our teachers and staff to kick off the school year.
Support the Somerville High School PTO!
Typically, the SHS PTO holds three general meetings per year, in October, March and May. Meetings are currently on hold due to COVID-19.
Contact any member of the SHS PTO board with questions or ideas on how we can better serve the school community.
President – Dana Lauducci – email@example.com
Vice President – Tara Cichetti – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Kim Nawrath – email@example.com
Treasurer – Donna Campanaro – firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Graduation Co-Chair – Danielle Bowden – email@example.com
Project Graduation Co-Chair – Nancy Umbenhaur – firstname.lastname@example.org