About the Somerville High School Parent Teacher Organization (SHS PTO)
The Somerville High School Parent Teacher Organization is an independent volunteer-led organization dedicated to raising money to provide support to the SHS school community.
Some of the ways we raise money include:
- Selling memberships. Purchase your membership below!
- Selling SHS spirit wear. Purchase your spirit wear below!
- Balloons in June, a beloved annual tradition in which an army of volunteers inflates balloons and ties them to mailboxes and front steps of graduating seniors, along with personalized messages of congratulations.
- Senior class T-shirts.
- Prom corsages and boutonnieres.
- Senior selfies, photos of our seniors in front of the school sign.
- Selling bouquets and concessions at the graduation ceremony.
- Contributions from Personalized Paraphrenalia for every varsity jacket purchased.
Some of the things we spend money on include:
- Project Graduation, a large alcohol- and drug-free celebration for graduating senior held on graduation night at Rutgers University.
- College scholarships for graduating seniors.
- The annual senior ice cream social.
- Freshman orientation T-shirts.
- Various school assemblies.
- The teacher appreciation luncheon in May and snacks for our teachers and staff to kick off the school year.
Support the Somerville High School PTO!
Join us for a general PTO meeting over Zoom on Wed. 5/19 at 7:30pm. We will hear school updates from Mr. Foley, learn about the PTO’s various spring projects and discuss planning for the 2021-22 school year. Join using this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89086033835
Contact any member of the SHS PTO board with questions or ideas on how we can better serve the school community.
President – Dana Lauducci – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President – Tara Cichetti – email@example.com
Secretary – Kim Nawrath – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Donna Campanaro – email@example.com
Project Graduation Co-Chair – Danielle Bowden – firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Graduation Co-Chair – Nancy Umbenhaur – email@example.com