About the Somerville High School Parent Teacher Organization (SHS PTO)
The Somerville High School Parent Teacher Organization is an independent volunteer-led organization dedicated to raising money to provide support to the SHS school community.
Some of the ways we raise money include:
- Selling memberships. Purchase your membership below!
- Selling SHS spirit wear. Purchase your spirit wear below!
- Balloons in June, a beloved annual tradition in which an army of volunteers inflates balloons and ties them to mailboxes and front steps of graduating seniors, along with personalized messages of congratulations.
- Senior class T-shirts and signs.
- Prom corsages and boutonnieres.
- Selling concessions at the graduation ceremony.
- Contributions from Personalized Paraphrenalia for every varsity jacket purchased.
Some of the things we spend money on include:
- Project Graduation, a large alcohol- and drug-free celebration for graduating senior held on graduation night at Rutgers University.
- College scholarships for graduating seniors.
- The annual senior ice cream social.
- Freshman orientation T-shirts.
- Various school assemblies.
- The staff appreciation luncheon in May and snacks for our teachers and staff to kick off the school year.
Support the Somerville High School PTO!
Purchase a 2022-23 membership
Your $10 contribution helps the PTO start the school year on solid financial footing and helps fund items mentioned above.
Purchase spirit wear
We carry a full selection of T-shirts, sweatshirts, pants, caps, masks and lanyards and much more! Purchase online and you can have your order delivered to your child’s homeroom or you can pick up your order from a doorstep in Somerville.
Contribute to Project Graduation 2023
Purchase a varsity jacket
Personalized Paraphrenalia on Division St. in Somerville contributes to the SHS PTO with every varsity jacket purchased.
Spring 2023 meetings to be announced.
Contact any member of the SHS PTO board with questions or ideas on how we can better serve the school community.
President – Dana Lauducci – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President – Tara Cichetti – email@example.com
Secretary – Kim Nawrath – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Janos Szeman – email@example.com
Project Graduation Co-Chair – Danielle Bowden – firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Graduation Co-Chair – Tru McKenna – email@example.com
Project Graduation Co-Chair – Joelle Kessler – firstname.lastname@example.org